Let Me Introduce You To My Little Friend

Saturday, April 4, 2009

The Apple Corer & Slicer:


I really wish I had thought of this first because it has revolutionized my world.

Plus, I would be a gazillionaire, which is not a bad gig I hear.

Let's examine the magic up close shall we?

Step 1: Place apple on stable surface/ cutting board/ your leg if you're driving (no judgment here.)

Sidenote: I don't have a picture of this step because a.) I'm lazy and b.) my photographer flew the coop tonight to view some un-American sport called "soccer" or something. As if that version of football could ever trump March Madness. I mean really where are his priorities? Sigh, the trials and tribulations for being in an "intercultural relationship.")

Anyhoo...

Step B: Next you want to place the world's best invention on top of said apple, as demonstrated below:

It's important to line up the circle around the core.

Just sayin...

Finally, for Step Tres: Using all your muscular might, press the apple slicer straight down to the cutting board!

And Voila! Your apple has been sliced and cored all at the same time!

It's a miracle, I tell ya.

Plus if you're OCD like me, you'll squeal in delight at how evenly matched the slices of your apples are.

Or maybe you'll clap your hands too because now your apple resembles synchronized swimmers and suddenly you're transported back to your childhood where you spent hours in the pool trying to emulate those capped beauties whose red lipstick and thick mascara oddly enough never smeared despite the wet environment.

Or maybe not and you'll just eat your apple like normal people. But I left normalcy a long time ago. It was rather dull.

2 Leftovers:

Erin said...

Scott bought one of these about a year ago and I thought he was nuts...just one more gadget to find a spot for in our zero-storage space kitchen that would wind up in the Goodwill pile eventually.
But no, you're so right - it's super handy and the wedges are so much more aesthetically pleasing than hand-cut ones.
PS Your solo sandwich sounds awesome. You can double it and give the second one to me anytime.

Becky said...

Wow! That is awesome! I want one, lol! I should blog about the gadget we used this weekend--the pineapple slicer. You cut off the top of the pineapple, then twist the tool into the fruit, and it cores AND slices it! It makes me happy everytime we use it.
Sometimes it's the little things in life that get us by, lol!

  © Blogger templates Newspaper II by Ourblogtemplates.com 2008

Back to TOP